Photo Competition Terms & Condition
1. SWAN Photo Instagram & Twitter competition. To participate in this competition, users must share their water environment photo as described on the photo campaign page with the required lines, tagging and hashtags on Twitter or Instagram.
This competition will run until 23:59 on Thursday 30th June 2022.
2. There will be 1 winner who will be selected by the promoter, after the competition deadline of 11.59pm on 30th June, who has fulfilled the criteria in 1) above. Entries made after this point will not be counted.
3. The contest is open to residents of the Republic of Ireland.
4. The prize consists of the book “Ireland’s Rivers” by M. Kelly-Quinn and J.D. Reynolds.
5. If you are the lucky winner, we will contact you in a direct message. You will need to reply with your email address, contact phone number and home address as instructed at the time of being announced as our winner. We will then post out the prize to you.
6. We reserve the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
8. No purchase is necessary, however you will need an internet connection and access to Instagram and/or Twitter. No refund may be claimed for expenses incurred in participating in the promotion, including in relation to the use of the internet.
9. We reserve the right to exclude any entries which we believe to be inappropriate, fraudulent or based on misconduct.
10. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part.
12. The decisions of the promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. By taking part in this promotion, all participants consent to us collecting, storing and using their personal data submitted with their entry for the purposes of this promotion.
14. Any personal data relating to participants will be used solely in accordance with current EU data protection legislation and will not be used for marketing purposes without the individual’s prior consent.
15. The winner’s name can be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter or Instagram. By participating in this promotion you agree to a complete release of Instagram or Twitter from any claims.
17. The promoter does not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, damaged or delayed. For example, as a result of network, system development, computer or telecommunications failures or fault of any kind – including any hardware, programming code, databases or software used in the promotion.
18. Winners may be required to participate in related publicity without further reward. E.g.: be photographed for website/newspaper stories, provide a short statement about their win.
19. The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend without notice this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
20. This promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by Irish law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
21. This promotion is subject to Instagram’s terms of services which can be found at: https://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/
22. Promoter: Sustainable Water Network (SWAN) Website address: www.swanireland.ie
23. By entering this competition each entrant confirms that their submissions are their wholly-owned creations and that, to the extent that such entries make use of any third party materials, these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights.
24. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants SWAN a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented.
25. Each entrant also confirms that anyone depicted in an entry has given their permission for the inclusion of their image in the entry and the use of the entry including their image by the entrant and SWAN.
26. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.